THIS DAY IN HISTORY: ITS BACK::
1588 - The English defeated the Spanish Armada in the Battle of Gravelines.
1754 - The first international boxing match was held. The 25-minute
match was won when Jack Slack of Britain knocked out Jean Petit from
France.
1773 - The first schoolhouse to be located west of the Allegheny Mountains was built in Schoenbrunn, OH.
1786 - "The Pittsburgh Gazette" became the first newspaper west of the
Alleghenies to be published. The paper's name was later changed to "The
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette."
1874 - Major Walter Copton Winfield of England received U.S. patent for the lawn-tennis court.
1914 - The first transcontinental telephone service was inaugurated
when two people held a conversation between New York, NY and San
Francisco, CA.
1940 - John Sigmund of St. Louis, MO,
completed a 292-mile swim down the Mississippi River. The swim from
St. Louis to Caruthersville, MO took him 89 hours and 48 minutes.
1950 - Disney's adaptation of Robert Louis Stevenson's "Treasure Island" was released.
Welcome
Hi welcome to my blog,
In here you will see different opinions on certain things going on in the world, Different rants about things from day to day.
*I do welcome comments regarding things, But keep it clean and no dirty or hateful things will be tolerated.*
Other then that, Have fun and I hope that you enjoy the posts.
Thank You
Matt
In here you will see different opinions on certain things going on in the world, Different rants about things from day to day.
*I do welcome comments regarding things, But keep it clean and no dirty or hateful things will be tolerated.*
Other then that, Have fun and I hope that you enjoy the posts.
Thank You
Matt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love these posts
Post a Comment