1540 - King Henry VIII's chief minister, Thomas Cromwell, was executed. The same day, Henry married his fifth wife, Catherine Howard.
1794 - Maximilien Robespierre was sent to the guillotine. He was a leading figure in the French Revolution.
1821 - Peru declared its independence from Spain.
1865 - The American Dental Association proposed its first code of ethics.
1866 - The metric system was legalized by the U.S. Congress for the standardization of weights and measures throughout the United States.
1868 - The Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution was declared in effect. The amendment guaranteed due process of law.
1896 - The city of Miami, FL, was incorporated. <STATE OF FL WAS ADMITTED MAR.3.1845>
1914 - World War I officially began when Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia.
1932 - Federal troops forcibly dispersed the "Bonus Army" of World War I veterans who had gathered in Washington, DC. They were demanding money they were not scheduled to receive until 1945.
Welcome
Hi welcome to my blog,
In here you will see different opinions on certain things going on in the world, Different rants about things from day to day.
*I do welcome comments regarding things, But keep it clean and no dirty or hateful things will be tolerated.*
Other then that, Have fun and I hope that you enjoy the posts.
Thank You
Matt
In here you will see different opinions on certain things going on in the world, Different rants about things from day to day.
*I do welcome comments regarding things, But keep it clean and no dirty or hateful things will be tolerated.*
Other then that, Have fun and I hope that you enjoy the posts.
Thank You
Matt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment